I am an Indian National. Right now I am travelling USA for visiting purposes. In a couple of weeks I'll return to my home country but just now I heard from my friend in UK. She is facing a divorce case and needs me in UK as she wants to make me a witness in a court hearing. I have the solid evidence which will help her to win the case and otherwise she'll loose her kids and everything and she'll be on the road. So the situation is I have to go via UK on my way home.

Can I apply for a UK visa from USA?
If yes, then in which category do I have to apply?
And what documents do I need?


Yes, you can apply for a UK visa from the USA.

For the purpose cited, you need a Standard Visitor visa.

You should carefully review the general information for applying for a Standard Visitor visa, and then the special instructions for applying within the USA.

  • My friend from UK, she wants to sponsor me as the court hearing is not far so what documents she needed in sponsorship??
    – Swami
    Dec 23 '16 at 6:32
  • @Swami that's a different question. But the answer should be found by carefully reading the sites linked.
    – Jan
    Dec 23 '16 at 11:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.