I want my Palestinian partner to visit me in the UK, I am a UK citizen who is unemployed and living in the UK. My partner is not officially working and only receives commission so does not have bank statements for the application process. Can my parents invite him and pay for his trip to the UK? Or what other way can he get a visa to visit me?

  • 1
    Good luck, if the two primary parties (you and your partner) are unemployed, a visa will be nigh impossible. As he has no job, his support is coming from the UK, you live in the UK, there is very little to prove he is certain to return home. – user13044 Dec 12 '16 at 2:11
  • So even if he has a savings account and my parents invite/ sponsor/ offer to pay for his stay in UK and he can verify he has work to return to? – user54729 Dec 12 '16 at 2:28
  • 3
    I understand your partner is not officially working, but what exactly are they doing to receive commissions? – Gayot Fow Dec 12 '16 at 2:29
  • You said he was not officially working, so how will he suddenly be able to prove he has a job that mandates his return? The biggest issue with visas is proving he is going home and not moving to the UK. – user13044 Dec 12 '16 at 2:30
  • 1
    So he really needs to be able to prove he needs to return after his visit in terms of his employment? I met his 3 years ago when I worked in Qatar but its not an option for me to go back there due to my family commitments here in the UK. – user54729 Dec 12 '16 at 12:52

You have to convince the visa officials that your partner can pay for the trip and that he will return home at the end of the visit. Unfortunately there are many people who would overstay if they were given an opportunity, so it is not enough to state that one would of course follow the law.

So they will ask your partner to show ties to his homeland.

  • Among the best possible ties is a stable, well-paid job.
  • Owning real estate would help.
  • It would also help if he had dependents at home which do not come along on a (business) trip.
  • Having a partner in the UK does not help, since it creates incentives to overstay.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.