Can you kindly please advise me on what type of visa - B1 or B2 (business or tourist) would I need to apply for?

To give you some context:

I am currently working for a US company in London - cover the EMEA region. The company is organising a global meeting in the US where all company members need to attend.

My questions is, would I need a business visa or a tourist visa? My company can show all details of travel etc.

PS: I am a Romanian citizen who has been living and working in London for the last past 6 years.


Simple: You're going for business, so you need a business (B1) visa. Attending a company meeting is a perfect example of a valid business need.

However, the US most commonly issues the combined B1/B2 visa, which is valid for either purpose, and you'll most likely get one of these if you apply.

  • Thank you very much for your answer! Have a great weekend! – Ana-Maria Leonte Dec 10 '16 at 15:32
  • Please accept it (click on the check mark) if it was helpful! – lambshaanxy Dec 10 '16 at 20:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.