I am a Mongolian citizen currently in England on a one year visa. Can I travel to British Virgin Islands, or other Caribbean islands that require a British visa using the visa I have for the UK, or do I need a separate visa for each country or island I visit?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Gayot Fow, Ali Awan, pnuts, Willeke, Itai Dec 2 '16 at 21:22

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    I'm not sure if it matters, but maybe it would help to state specifically what type of UK visa you currently have? – Nate Eldredge Dec 2 '16 at 17:04
  • 1
    In some cases a UK visa will work for the BVI. But as @NateEldredge says, a definitive answer will require lots more info. – Gayot Fow Dec 2 '16 at 17:20
  • To clarify further, my 9 year old son, an American citizen, has a one year U.K. student visa and is attending school in London. I am a Mongolian citizen and was granted a one year U.K. visa as a guardian parent. During the winter vacation, we would like to travel on a cruise, or fly directly to the Virgin islands, or San Maarten, for example, or another British territory where it's warm in the winter. I know my son can travel to any of those places. The question is which places in the Carribbean would I be able to travel to without the hassles of applying for a separate visa. – Brian Dec 3 '16 at 12:50