I am spending summer in Poland and I bought a return ticket that will make me come back after a 90-day period (I will be in the country for 92 days). I wonder how I can get some paperwork that will allow my wife to stay in the country for more than 90 days. I do not want to leave the country as I do not have much time and I would rather get some papers that would allow her to stay.

I would like a permanent solution so I can come back for longer stays to Poland with her over other journeys and vacations. (Since I travel to Europe a lot, a solution that would allow me to travel across other European nations for over 90 days as well would be preferred)

  • So is this more an immigration than a travel question? Jul 10, 2012 at 18:03
  • no i made a mistake of asking about immigration on my last question. However all i really want is to come for long vacation to Poland with my wife. Not to migrate to live in Poland.
    – Xitcod13
    Jul 10, 2012 at 18:05
  • What country are you from? Jul 18, 2012 at 10:21
  • I was born in Poland but I live in US (and thats where im visiting from)
    – Xitcod13
    Jul 18, 2012 at 11:49

1 Answer 1


This may be interesting for you: http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/how-to-legally-stay-in-europe-for-more-than-90-days/:

With so many visa rules, it’s so easy stay in Europe beyond 90 days as a tourist – you just need to mix up the countries you visit. The United Kingdom has their own rules that allow you to stay 180 days. Most non-Schengen countries such as Ukraine, Moldova, Croatia, and other Balkan countries allow you to stay for up to 60 or 90 days. So all you need to do is spend 90 days in the Schengen zone, visit the UK, go to the Balkans, hang out in Ukraine, or drink wine in Moldova. If you align your schedule right, you can easily be out of the zone for 90 days but still in Europe

  • A nice idea. It's only 2 days overtime, which can be spent, for example, in Lviv. A nice city near the Polish border. Jun 13, 2014 at 13:45

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .