I'm looking at a official translation of a death certificate issued by an Argentinian official in La Plata in 1965. The original is not available to me. It specifies the place of domicile of a relative as "Canalcinco". There is no space in the name, but possibly could actually be "Canal cinco"? I assume the name refers to an island but I'm not sure about it.
I would like to visit this place but fail to locate it.
What I know is that my relative
- lived on a small private island where he died in 1962 in the Tigre Delta
- the island is 85 km from something called "Malteria Hudson" (a brewery possibly)
- the island faced floods but as far as I know only after his death
- he was buried in Campana
- the island was affected by surveying works for the "Canal Irigoyen" of the "Vincente Lopez" council
- during the floods it was a full day trip from Buenos Aires to the island
- a earlier letter said it could easily be reached by boat from Vincente Lopez in 1-1.5 hours.
- there was noone else living on the island as far as I know and it only had a wooden shack housing
- he had neighbors on other islands nearby
- he cut cottonwood on the island
I would greatly appreciate anyone trying to help me locate the island or this place called Canalcinco.