This question already has an answer here:

I have a C-1/D visa valid until 2019, but I am not working on a cruise ship right now. I work at the Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. I want to travel to India via a US airport. Would I be able to use the C-1/D visa to transit through the USA, or do I need a separate transit visa to make the trip?

marked as duplicate by Michael Hampton, Giorgio, Karlson usa Nov 14 '16 at 22:51

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • A C-1 visa is a transit visa. A C-1/D visa is a combination visa that can be used either as a C-1 or as a D visa. So you can use the C-1/D visa for transit; you do not need a separate visa to make the trip. – phoog Nov 15 '16 at 15:43