I booked a tour to India and Nepal from the US, but the Indian Embassy only granted me a single-entry visa.

Is it possible to get a visa to re-enter India from Nepal?

Is there any other way to do it without having to cancel my Nepal trip?

Edit by Gayot, the information below was provided as an 'answer', but actually forms a necessary part of this question:

US citizen, 15 days tour included 6 days in Nepal, back to Delhi for 3 days before flying back to California.

  • Fly home from Nepal. Oct 31, 2016 at 20:50
  • 1
    Normally US citizens get a multiple entry visa valid for either 6 months, 5 years or 10 years. One has to ask why you got only a single entry. If the embassy shut you down, you may also encounter difficulty applying elsewhere.
    – user13044
    Nov 1, 2016 at 13:52

1 Answer 1


You appear to be qualified to apply for an e-Tourist Visa (eTV) which if granted should allow you to enter India after having visited Nepal and catch your return flight from Delhi. This takes a minimum of four days but is all online so where you are does not matter. An eTV is valid for a single entry (except to certain areas which you should not need to visit) over a 30 day period so you could apply before reaching Nepal.

This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.

So, I think, should not interfere with your existing visa.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .