If I am taking a liquid medicine, but is over the ounces for a flight, will they still let me take it on a plane?

  • Flying to Honduras Jul 5, 2011 at 19:59
  • 5
    The from matters too, where are you starting?
    – Gagravarr
    Jul 5, 2011 at 20:30

2 Answers 2


Yes. According to the TSA website, but you will have to declare them to security personel and they will have to be x-rayed

we are continuing to permit prescription liquid medications and other liquids needed by persons with disabilities and medical conditions...

However, if the liquid medications are in volumes larger than 3.4 ounces (100ml) each, they may not be placed in the quart-size bag and must be declared to the Transportation Security Officer. A declaration can be made verbally, in writing, or by a person's companion, caregiver, interpreter, or family member.

Declared liquid medications and other liquids for disabilities and medical conditions must be kept separate from all other property submitted for x-ray screening.


If you're flying out of the states you can take it in carry-on provided you declare that it's over 3.4 oz.

It's always easier if you can pack it but it's understandable if you can't. If you have a prescription I would bring it just incase.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .