I will be travelling to the UK on a business visa. I want to take my husband and son along with me on tourist visas. What should my husband's visa application mention in accommodation? Can he say that he will be staying with me at my office-provided accommodation? Also, should he mention any accommodation costs? What should he write in living expenses?

The site I'm using is visa4uk

  • You don't mention what nation you are coming from ???
    – Fattie
    Oct 16 '16 at 14:53
  • 1
    @JoeBlow Irrelevant, OP obviously requires a visa
    – Crazydre
    Oct 17 '16 at 1:10

You are making a business trip to the UK and will stay in corporate housing, you want your husband and child to accompany you...

Can he mention that he will be staying with me at my office provided accommodation?

Yes, if he is staying in corporate housing provided by your employer, he should write it down.

Also, should he mention any accommodation costs?

If there are no accommodation costs that he will bear, then he should 0, otherwise he should report what he expects to pay.

What should he write in living expenses?

He should calculate the expenses that he will pay and put the result on his application.

Other notes

  • He should put your GWF number in the remarks section of his application. Same with your child.
  • Make sure the company agrees that extra guests will stay at their housing, especially if there are children involved.
  • If he claims to be employed, then he should submit bank statements per Should I submit bank statements when applying for a UK Visa? What do they say about me?
  • For similar types of questions, use the natural meaning of the words to formulate an answer. There are no 'trick' questions on the form and they all can be answered in absolute terms.
  • Should I submit all documents in original or xerox copies would do. I understand that bank statements need to be original, also employment letter. My husband's business registration certificate and his name change affidavit -do these need to be submitted in original as well? Oct 17 '16 at 10:48
  • Also my child's birth certificate? Oct 17 '16 at 10:48
  • Yes, that's fine. All the required evidence should be submitted.
    – Gayot Fow
    Oct 17 '16 at 12:40
  • Hi Gayot Fow........will photocopies do or I need to submit originals? Oct 17 '16 at 12:56
  • Our site discourages raising new questions in the comments because it prevents exposure for future readers and dilutes the value of the site's archives. So I must encourage you to use the 'Ask Question' button, there's no penalty for asking questions all day as long as they are topical. Got it? OK, then for this time, use originals where you have them.
    – Gayot Fow
    Oct 17 '16 at 13:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.