We will be travelling from London to Paris to fly out of Paris same day back to Sydney. Which is better? Eurostar will mean more "changovers" but less affected by weather. Flying will be simpler but as we are flying end January, am worried about the flight getting cancelled if there is bad weather. We MUST meet our flight from CDG-Sydney

  • 2
    @Kascar If that is the real question, then edit it to reflect that.
    – Fiksdal
    Oct 16, 2016 at 6:49
  • 1
    I wouldn't be too worried by a flight cancellation due to bad weather. This isn't happening very frequently there to be honest...
    – Olielo
    Oct 16, 2016 at 7:31
  • 3
    I'd say that if your flight to Paris is cancelled due to the weather, there is a high chance that your flight from Paris is also cancelled, no? Oct 16, 2016 at 8:37
  • 4
    Either one could unexpectedly be delayed; if you have to be at CDG one day and you start that day 350 km away separated by a body of water then you are inevitably taking a risk. There are plenty of answers here explaining the dangers of split bookings for a trip like this. Neither are likely to be delayed, maybe someone can answer by finding statistics for both. Personally I would check my travel insurance cover for such missed connections, and find the minimum gap they would expect for me to be covered. (Or go a few days earlier and visit Paris!)
    – djr
    Oct 16, 2016 at 11:52
  • 1
    best is just don't go to London - have your holidays in France! :) The answer is fly - just as @Olielo says. Both are horrific; the train thing's just a novelty.
    – Fattie
    Oct 16, 2016 at 15:00


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.