Due to a change of plans, I'm now going to visit the Ukraine after I visit Slovakia.
Right now I'm looking at options for going from Levoča to Lviv. Rome2rio is not showing any good options. I'm hoping that this is a deficiency in the rome2rio site1 and not a lack of any really good transport options.
This is what I've found so far:
By Train (12 hr 22 min, with 3 hr 23 min transfer)
- Levoča to Spišská Nová Ves (16 min, hourly)
- Spišská Nová Ves to Košice (54 min, hourly)
- Košice to Čierna nad Tisou (1hr 41 min, hourly
- Čierna nad Tisou to Chop (37 min, 5x daily)
- Chop/Чоп to Lviv (5hr 31 min, 4x daily)
By Bus (12 hrs 4 min, 3 hr transfer)
- Levoča to Prešov (1 hr 19 min, 5x daily)
- Prešov to Uzhhorod/Ужгород (3 hr 40 min, 1x daily)
- Uzhhorod/Ужгород to Záhony/Захонь (22 min, 1x weekly - this is in Hungary?!)
- Záhony/Захонь to Lviv (3hr 43 min, 1x weekly)
The bus route is horrifying. At this point I've started thinking it may be better to go back into Poland to Rzeszów or Przemyśl and go from there.
Is there a simpler (eg no more than two transfers) way to get from Levoča to Lviv? I'd rather not go back into Poland, and I'd also rather not hitchhike.
1 I've run into other scenarios where rome2rio missed entire travel options because they don't have interfaces with particular bus companies, train operators, whatever.