I've been traveling full time for over a year. In a couple of weeks, I'll be passing near Dubai, so I decided it would be nice to spend a week there, since I've always wanted to see it. I've got a few things in my luggage that I'm concerned might raise red flags.
- Over the counter medicines (Aleve, Benadryl, Lortadine, Simethicone, Melatonin)
- About 20 condoms (I'm single)
- A socialist political magazine I picked up in South America
- A Kindle with various books that may be considered offensive to different people
- About 50 little plastic pill ziplocks
- Hemp clothing with small pot leaf symbols on the tags
Should I leave all of those things behind? Are any of them safe to travel with to Dubai?
I've also heard lots of horror stories about people being sent to jail for 4 years over innocent little things like residue from over the counter drugs, or microscopic pieces of weed that they didn't even know about stuck to their shoes from a party. Do I need to be concerned about that too?