My father (a Yemeni citizen) is resident in Saudi Arabia with a long-term working visa (iqama). I have a Swedish travelling document and would like to visit my father in Saudi Arabia. According to Wikitravel:

Tourist visas, previously available for groups of at least four on guided tours, were "suspended" in late 2010 permanently.

If a Tourist visa is not available, is there some other legitimate way for me to achieve a short family visit?

  • 6
    your father has "iqama" means he is not saudi national, he is there on a working visa. what is your your and your father nationality?
    – Ali Awan
    Sep 20, 2016 at 14:54
  • 1
    Apparently the Kingdom has or is about to resume issuing tourist visas, you might want to look into that, which might still be called a visit visa? Sep 20, 2016 at 15:09
  • 1
    also you can visit your father on "umrah visa"? you thought about it?
    – Ali Awan
    Sep 20, 2016 at 15:46
  • 1
    @AliAwan: It seems safe to assume OP is muslim but you never know. Do you need to be muslim to apply for an umrah visa? Sep 20, 2016 at 16:33
  • 1
    yes i thought about it because of his name mohammad, usually it is a muslim name. Umrah visa is specially for muslims for visitng religion holy mark KABAH
    – Ali Awan
    Sep 20, 2016 at 17:07

3 Answers 3


Depending on what category of visa your dad has, he can apply for a visit visa for you.

You would need:

  1. A passport (or travel document) valid for 6 months.
  2. Photos (white background)
  3. Fees
  4. A copy of your father's iqama (the resident card) which should be current. Keep in mind in Saudi they use Hijri dates - today is 15/01/1438.
  5. A copy of the printout from the MOFA visa website; which shows your visa type, duration and the fact that the application has been accepted.

Your father needs to do the following:

  1. Go online to the MOFA website, or to his company's department that handles employee affairs and submit a copy of his passport and residency.
  2. A copy of your travel document's ID page.
  3. Pay the relevant fees.
  4. Pay the mandatory $254 medical insurance (new rule, enacted yesterday); payable only through the Enjaz system.
  5. Wait for the automated system to issue a visa.
  6. Send you a printout of the visa page, or the application number.

You can print out the visa result yourself, by entering the application number and your dad's residency number at this website.


This is Ali Awan's comment turned into an answer: your dad can arrange a visit visa through your dad kafeel(sponsor), ask your dad about this.


Saudi Arabia started to issue tourist visas online and on arrival from 28 September 2019.
Note that the older answers may no longer be valid because of this.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .