Long story short, my flight is due 20th Sep (11 days from today); but my interview appointment with the USA consulate is next Monday, 12th Sep. Given that it will take them 5~7 days to process my visa, it is very likely for me to miss my flight given it will take a further 2~3 more days to post my passport back to me (I live in a different city than where USA consulate is located).
Is it possible to plea during my interview so that they can speed up processing my transit visa?
Has anyone had a similar experience before?
In case, you are wondering how I managed to get myself into a difficult situation like this:
- I am travelling to Spain, but have to go to Los Angeles first (transit)
- I needed to apply for my tourist visa to Spain first before I could apply for my USA transit visa
- One key piece of supporting document I needed to apply for my tourist visa to Spain arrived three weeks ago
- I submitted my application, had my interview and finally got my tourist visa 10 days ago
- I filled in a DS-160 application form and submitted it online this Monday, 5th Sep, but I did not create an online account to schedule an appointment. (I assumed once my DS-160 was submitted, USA consulate would contact me to arrange an appointment.)
- The whole week has almost gone by, I realized today that I needed to open an account online, pay for my interview and arrange a time with USA consulate myself.