I'm currently a green card holder through asylum (my nationality was Indonesian). Also I have the travel document (refugee travel document). Work requires me to travel to Brussels for a team training. To go there, will I need visa? If so, what kind of visa I should apply?

  • Note that you need to travel on the Refugee Travel Document, not the Re-Entry Permit (which, while you can travel on it, will require visas). – Michael Hampton Sep 6 '16 at 20:13
  • 1
    The Refugee Travel Document and Re-Entry Permit are two completely different documents. You should be traveling on the Refugee Travel Document; you only need the Re-Entry Permit if you will be outside the US for more than a year or want to reside in another country. And, as the linked question explains, you are visa-exempt for short stays if you travel to Belgium on the Refugee Travel Document. – Michael Hampton Sep 6 '16 at 20:26
  • 1
    You can just book your flight and go, however you need to make sure that Belgium is the first country where you enter the Schengen area. If you don't get a direct flight to Brussels from the US, you should arrange to transit outside Schengen (e.g. the UK, where you won't need a transit visa). – Michael Hampton Sep 6 '16 at 20:54
  • 1
    @MichaelHampton Why can't the traveler pass through, say, Germany on the way? Germany apparently also allows visa-free travel for refugees. Victor should therefore be fine booking a flight on Lufthansa. – phoog Sep 6 '16 at 22:14
  • 2
    @phoog Yes, he probably could. The point is that he'll need to check his transit points carefully. Especially if his company is buying the plane tickets. – Michael Hampton Sep 6 '16 at 22:33