I have four interviews for work lined up and need to get to the UK ASAP but am not sure if it is allowed to enter with only a one way ticket. I am a british citizen and is in possesion of my British passport.

closed as unclear what you're asking by blackbird, mts, Revetahw, JonathanReez, Olielo Sep 6 '16 at 16:07

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 11
    If you're a british citizen, why on earth wouldn't it be? – CMaster Sep 6 '16 at 14:43
  • 1
    @pnuts I'm starting to see what you meant when you said that it's like there's someone here upvoting like every single question. – Revetahw Sep 6 '16 at 15:36

Can I return to the UK? ... I am a British Citizen


Having right of abode means you’re allowed to live or work in the UK without any immigration restrictions, which means:

you won’t need a visa to come to the UK

there’s no limit on the length of time you can spend in the country

All British citizens automatically have right of abode in the UK.

(my emphasis)

So, you don't need a ticket for a later flight out of the UK.

I've entered the UK many times without such a ticket.

You write that you are a British Citizen. This is different from a British Subject, a British Overseas Citizen and several other types of British national.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.