I have a Schengen visa type C issued by the French embassy, and my wife has a Schengen visa type C issued by the Greek embassy. Due to some changes of plan, we now both want to travel to Paris. We want to book a flight on Aegean Airlines from our non-EU home country; this flight will have a connection at Athens, Greece.

Do they stamp our Visas at the Athens Airport as our Schengen point of entry? Will I have a problem because my visa is from France? Will my wife be able to enter Paris without a problem because her visa is issued by the Greek embassy?

marked as duplicate by Jan, Andrew Lazarus, blackbird, Olielo, mts Sep 7 '16 at 7:52

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    Is this the first time you are traveling on these visas? – Burhan Khalid Sep 6 '16 at 6:03
  • @BurhanKhalid Yes it is our first Shengen visas. – Pouria Sep 6 '16 at 6:04
  • I assume your wife has a multiple entry visa?! – mts Sep 6 '16 at 8:29
  • 1
    In principle, you can image the Schengen area being a large country. So your passports are stamped entering the area but typically not while travelling inside. There are no differences (concerning immigration/passports) between travelling domestically and travelling intra-Schengen internationally. – Jan Sep 6 '16 at 22:15

By the rules, you should not have any issues; as long as your visas are not restricted in any way and are valid for the entire Schengen zone.

Make sure you have copies of documentation you provided at the embassy for your visas as you may be asked to produce these at the immigration counter.

Once your passports are stamped at Athens, the remainder of your journey will not have any immigration formalities as you would be traveling within the Schengen zone; however due to the heightened security (especially in France), you may be asked to show your passports at Paris.

  • So both of our passports shall be stamped at Athens even if it is only our connection airport? – Pouria Sep 6 '16 at 6:29
  • Yes, as this is your point of entry into the Schengen zone. – Burhan Khalid Sep 6 '16 at 6:43

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.