The Android Contact List (People App) on my phone has numbers from my contacts entered as it is needed to call them from my home country (Canada):
- Local numbers entered with 10 digits, including now compulsory area code: 514-222-1111
- Domestic long distance prepended with long distance prefix: 1-416-555-3333
- International numbers entered with international dialing prefix, country-code, local area code, followed by the number: 011-52-664-555-2222
With a SIM from abroad (Currently Ecuador), the numbers need to be edited:
- International dialing prefix and country code must be added to local home numbers. Same for previously domestic long-distance numbers.
- International dialing prefix must be changed for international numbers.
Is there an efficient way to deal with this? Could there be place-holders to put in the number so that it would omit the country code and dialing prefix if needed? Maybe an Android Appp which could do the rewrite automatically based on the current country?