I am planning for a one month journey to Kathmandu, Nepal. I have read that Indian citizen does not need to have visa as to travel to Nepal. If so what all identifications/documents should I carry with me. And what all are the procedures?
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal.
As per the Nepalese immigration, Indian nationals traveling to Nepal must posses any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo.
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency.
- Ration Card with Photo.
- Election Commission Card with Photo .
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu .
- Identity Card with photo issued by sub-divisional magistrate or any other officials above his rank.
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.
Indian nationals do not require visas to travel to Nepal. According to Wikipedia, "Indian citizens may live and work freely in Nepal under the terms of the 1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship."
However you are required to provide a valid government photo id card while entering Nepal. Voter's Id Card, Passport, Aadhar card, Driving licence etc are accepted.