I have student visa 'D'. Is it possible for me to travel and stay in other Schengen countries like Belgium, Germany, etc.?

  • Basically yes. You should not stay more than 90 days in any 180-day period and there are a few more other rules but you can certainly visit other countries in the Schengen area.
    – Relaxed
    Commented Aug 25, 2016 at 8:16
  • There's another dupe specifically about french long-term visas too.
    – CMaster
    Commented Aug 25, 2016 at 8:46


Browse other questions tagged .