Dual citizen of USA/Japan over the age of 22.
What I want to do:
- Fly USA to China
- 15 hour layover in China (use 72 hour visa-free thingy to see Beijing)
- Would China care about which passport is used?
- Enter Japan with US passport so that I can get a tourist visa stamp and get the JR rail pass
- Exit Japan within 90 days for an exit stamp on US passport.
- Not sure if I should enter destination country with US or Japan passport. Maybe there's not really a risk there of showing both if necessary?
- Go back to Japan and enter with Japanese passport for long term stay.
What should I watch out for?
I'm very lightly aware of Advance Passenger Information Systems (APIS)...