I am British, living in Peru. My 4 month old baby so far only has a Peruvian passport. We travel in 6 weeks so no time to apply for a British passport for him. Do I need to apply for a visa for him for the UK and we are also travelling to Vienna so another one for Austria?

  • 1
    I think the fast track passport is just if you are in the UK, it's more complicated from Peru. I can ask the Embassy here but since it's the weekend, I was hoping for a quicker answer.
    – Betty Blue
    Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 2:29
  • 3
    @pnuts Overseas passport applications get posted to the UK, where it takes six weeks from the time it arrives in the UK to process. The poster had plenty of time to do this, but for whatever reason chose not to. Now there is not enough time. Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 3:08
  • 1
    Missing info: if you are listed on the child's birth certificate? has the child been registered? if you are travelling with the child's bio mother? the length of your travel? why the child has not been registered? Marking as 'unclear', please edit.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 4:30
  • @GayotFow, if that child is an UK citizen, that would have to be disclosed on the visa application and the child would be unable to get an UK visa for that reason, right?
    – o.m.
    Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 8:13
  • 1
    @o.m. while it's a given that the child needs to be properly documented, the big hot button will be about abduction, trafficking, surrogacy, and those types of things. And how long the parents want to be detained until those issues are cleared up to the IO's satisfaction.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Aug 13, 2016 at 8:29