I am on Sweden tourist visa and my passport got stolen in Barcelona and I am non EU national person i.e. Indian.

I got the police report but as I have return flight from Barcelona to Stockholm on Monday by RyanAir and I don't think in the mean time I will be able to get the passport from Indian embassy

Can I travel on police report to Stockholm? Please help

  • 2
    Have you called RyanAir to ask them what you should do? Have you tried to reach the Swedish authorities?
    – phoog
    Aug 12 '16 at 21:41
  • 2
    I would put the Indian embassy on the call list immediately after the police, and ahead of StackExchange. Aug 12 '16 at 21:42
  • Related, but not a duplicate as the traveler in that case seems to have been an EU national: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/64258/…
    – phoog
    Aug 12 '16 at 21:43

Being a victim of crime, and especially having your passport stolen, is a circumstance in which you should contact your embassy's after-hours emergency contact phone number.

For Spain, that number is +34 6 1975 2305.

You will need to either apply for a duplicate passport, or an emergency certificate to return directly to India.

You should expect either process to take close to a full day; it is possible you might not make it to your flight on Monday. You should mention when you call the embassy that you have a flight on Monday, to see if they can help you.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.