I am an Indian citizen who wants to apply for a passport. In India, an "address proof" is a document which proves where you live and is required for passport applications, among other things.
For the last three years I have been working in a city while living in a rented home. This is my present address. But there is also a home owned by my family, which I could also potentially use. I have submitted both the rented home and the family home in the application.
My father works in the government, and lives in a home provided by the government. I don't want to use that address proof, as he will retire in a few months and thus relocate from that home.
For my present address (the rented home) I believe I have these types of proofs:
But for my family home (the home owned by my family) all the documents are in the names of family members. The only thing in my own name is #4, which I'm not sure about.
I have the following for the family home:
- Water bill (in the name of my paternal grandfather.)
- Electricity bill (in the name of my paternal grandfather.)
- Gas Connection (in the name of paternal uncle.)
- A piece of land attached to my house registered in my name. (Not sure if this is applicable for address proof.)
- Telephone bill (in the name of paternal uncle.)
Which of these documents (if any) will be useful for a passport application?