I am travelling to Iceland from Mumbai and have to change flights at Heathrow. From terminal 4 to terminal 2.

Do I need a transit visa?

  • Are you an Indian citizen ? – blackbird Aug 4 '16 at 19:01
  • Yes I am an Indian citizen – Prerna Sinha Aug 4 '16 at 19:17
  • 1
    Your valid Schengen visa exempts you from the UK airside transit visa requirement. See the linked question for details. – Michael Hampton Aug 4 '16 at 19:22
  • She needs to check baggage again from t4 to t2 means she needs to clear immigration at Heathrow – Ali Awan Aug 4 '16 at 20:20

As an Indian citizen, you will need a Direct Airside Transit visa.

  • 2
    First, this is wrong. She has a Schengen visa, is traveling to a Schengen country, and is therefore exempt from the requirement (at least, when remaining airside). Second, we prefer to mark duplicate questions as duplicates rather than add yet more answers to identical questions. – Michael Hampton Aug 4 '16 at 19:26
  • 2
    Ok so I am changing flights at the airport and will need to check in baggage again from terminal 4 to terminal 2. So will that mean I am airside? – Prerna Sinha Aug 4 '16 at 19:30
  • @MichaelHampton If she has a schengen visa, why would it matter if she was airside or not? Couldn't she even (theoretically) enter the UK? (Not a rhetorical question, I'm actually wondering.) – Revetahw says Reinstate Monica Aug 4 '16 at 20:00
  • @Fiksdal, the UK is not in Schengen. – rojomoke Aug 4 '16 at 20:01
  • @rojomoke That was an easy answer. I had thought all Western European countries were members. – Revetahw says Reinstate Monica Aug 4 '16 at 20:04

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.