This question already has an answer here:

I am an Indian Citizen traveling to Montreal, Canada via LHR airport on a study permit. My layover at LHR(London-Heathrow) is 20 hours which goes to the next day. Consequently, I'll have to recollect my entire checked in baggage and get it rechecked for the next flight which binds me to go through the immigration again.

I wish to ask if I would need a transit visa or any other such document?

marked as duplicate by blackbird, David Richerby, Berwyn, Karlson, Gayot Fow Aug 4 '16 at 17:22

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


You will not need a visa, as long as UK Border Force can verify your Canadian visa (not a problem as long as you have a sticker in your passport - some countries such as Australia do not issue these). See this gov.uk page.

If you do not have a visa sticker in your passport for whatever reason, you will need to check with your airline that they are able to verify your Canadian visa so that they will flag on your Advance Passenger Information for the UK.

  • Thanks @jacoman891. I found the answer here – Sanjay Aug 4 '16 at 17:57

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.