I am an Indian national and hold a Tier-2 work visa and a BRP card. Can I travel, without requiring a visa, to the Isle of Man?

1 Answer 1


According to this page, the answer is yes:


If you have a valid visa issued by the Home Office, United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA), Bailiwick of Jersey or Bailiwick of Guernsey then you will be able to visit the Isle of Man.


While visiting the Isle of Man you will not be able to work or study and there is no recourse to public finds.

  • 1
    Nice. Plus 'visit' in that context means 3 days.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Aug 4, 2016 at 16:36
  • 1
    @GayotFow do you mean that the UK visa would not be valid for a 4-day trip?
    – phoog
    Commented Aug 4, 2016 at 19:34
  • 1
    Yes, right. If caught the person can be detained.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Aug 4, 2016 at 21:28
  • @GayotFow that seems like a fairly serious omission on that gov.im page.
    – phoog
    Commented Aug 5, 2016 at 4:20
  • 2
    @GayotFow I'm not seriously trying to confirm the point, I'm just shocked that the Isle of Man can have a web page saying "you can visit if you have a UK visa" without mentioning that you could be detained if you stay for four days or longer.
    – phoog
    Commented Aug 5, 2016 at 13:27

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .