I am a F1 student going to college in the US. I am from Albania and have an Albanian passport. I want to go on vacation to Dominican Republic but am I allowed to leave the US and go there?

  • 1
    The US has no exit checks; anyone can leave the US at any time. Are you asking about entering the Dominican Republic? or re-entering the US?
    – user102008
    Aug 3, 2016 at 0:45

1 Answer 1


Yes, you are allowed to go to the Dominican Republic. To re-enter the US, though, you need a valid F-1 visa. If your visa has expired, you have two options:

  1. If your trip to the Dominican Republic is 30 days or shorter, you may be able to use automatic revalidation.

  2. If your trip to the Dominican Republic is longer than 30 days, or if you cannot use automatic revalidation for some other reason, you can apply for a new F-1 visa at the US embassy in Santo Domingo.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .