I have to get my passport renewed with ECNR marked as yes and for this I have to produce 10th Passing certificate. But I just have the 10th Mark sheet and not the passing certificate. So will I be allowed to apply with mark sheet only? Please let me know.

One more thing on the passport site http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/ApplicationformInstructionBooklet-V3.0.pdf

they have mentioned that we can also produce professional degree and since I have done B-TECH so can I produce the B-tech degree instead of 10th passing certificate?


As per the same link, refer Section B Column 2.15. Professional degree certificate is enough or even the 10th grade marksheet is enough for ECNR.

<Column 2.15 - Are you eligible for Non-ECR Category? >

j) All professional degree holders, their spouses and dependent children. Examples of professional degree holders are Doctors holding MBBS degree or equivalent degree in Ayurved or Homeopathy

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.