Is there a way to extend the Indonesian tourists stamp (visa exempt) which is valid for 30 days without leaving the country? I am a citizen of a visa exempt country. A few months ago I used to get the VOA (a sticker) and I know I can extend that, but now that's not applicable for me since Indonesia made the exempt list so long and now it includes my country. So, is there a way to extend this stay as we used to do with the VOAs or not?

Note that the stamp says "Not extendable".

So, is there a way?

enter image description here

  • I'm confused: are you visa-exempt or do you require a visa on arrival? Visa-free stays cannot be Extended, whereas visas on arrival can be Extended once for another 30 days. – Crazydre Jul 31 '16 at 15:33
  • @Crazydre my bad, fixed the question... the transition from VOA to visa exempt was done not long ago so I myself got confused. – Nean Der Thal Jul 31 '16 at 15:43
  • When it says 'non extendable' I expect it to be that. Better try to get a long term multiple entry visa or a residence visa if you qualify. I would not risk overstaying, due to possible trouble with getting visa or 'no visa needed' stamps. – Willeke Jul 31 '16 at 15:47
  • @Willeke true.. a sudden event made me decide that so I asked in case there's a way... there is always a way.. I guess I will have to do a visa run.. – Nean Der Thal Jul 31 '16 at 15:48

Visa-free stays cannot be extended, so if you want to stay longer legally you have to exit the country.

I don't really know their policy on visa runs - some countries are fine with it while others aren't.

  • Why the downvote? +1 from me.. – Nean Der Thal Jul 31 '16 at 17:20
  • @HeidelBerGensis Hmm, I see. My sources at Indonesian Immigration say there is no such restriction, so good to know – Crazydre Jul 31 '16 at 17:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.