flying to Iceland from India & layover is at Helsinki & Stockholm, do I need transit visa?

  • 3
    What's your nationality? What kind of layover?
    – alamar
    Commented Jul 26, 2016 at 9:30

1 Answer 1


To legally enter Iceland, you'll need a Schengen visa (or be of a nationality that can travel to the Schengen area without a visa). Finland (Helsinki) and Sweden (Stockholm) are also part of the Schengen area, so the same visa applies to them.

If you travel via Helsinki and Stockholm, you'll enter the the Schengen area in Helsinki. This should be perfectly all right assuming your Schengen visa is in order.

As has been noted in other questions here, it is not necessary for your first stop in the Schengen area to be the same country that issued your visa.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .