When browsing the internet for scuba diving or snorkeling locations, all I see are pictures with a dull blue shade everywhere. Something like this:
But I've also seen images where there is:
- A sufficient amount of sunlight streaming in.
- Bright corals of various colours.
- Fishes and other sea-life of various bright colours.
- Crystal clear waters.
Something like this (notice the difference between the coral colours in both pictures and the clarity of the water):
- Do such locations still exist and are they open for amateur/beginner scuba divers or snorkelers who are just traveling on vacation?
- Or is my question just wishful-thinking, and is the reality that all scuba diving/snorkeling locations (corals and water) are the dull blue/green type?
I'm asking because I'd like to scuba-dive or snorkel (no experience yet), but all vacation spots I see, have pictures of very dull looking reefs and sea-life.