I have moved back to the UK after living in the USA, my Florida license is valid for a year. If I leave the UK and re enter before the 12 months is up will my license be valid for another year ??

  • 2
    1) I don't think it works like that, you would have to get a UK license; 2) I think this belongs in expats-SE rather than Travel Jul 13 '16 at 8:05
  • Thank you so much for the input, I didn't think I could leave and re enter but wanted to make sure. Jul 14 '16 at 8:33
  • It's a pretty well-known problem on expats-SE; without being resident in the US, it's impossible in most states to renew a US driving license. You may need to get a new one in the UK, unfortunately. I was there for 5 years and just never bothered. Look into swapping programs, if they exist its much easier than re-testing! Jul 14 '16 at 10:15

No. See https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence.

You may use your Florida license for up to one year after becoming a resident. Leaving the UK and reentering does not change the date on which you became a resident.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.