I applied for a Denmark visa 1 month ago. I still did not get it. Now my internship is going to start. If I get the visa during my internship is it possible to change the dates of my visa? Because visa has specified month. Can I change that month? so I avail it after the internship because once my internship starts I can't take leave till 6 weeks. I applied for short term visa as visiting family and friends
You applied for a Schengen visa with fixed start/end dates and a duration of one month. The decision is taking longer than normal and you will soon be engaged in a personal commitment (i.e., your internship) and unable to travel for six weeks. What this amalgamates to is that you will not be able to use your Schengen.
If I get the visa during my internship is it possible to change the dates of my visa?
Schengen visas are inexorably linked to three things...
- a premise for the visit; and
- a start date/end date; and
- an itinerary that is supported with bookings
Completely changing the dates impacts the itinerary because the bookings are no longer valid. And worse, the premise for the visit may have also passed.
Can I change that month?
Yes but you will need to take two steps...
- If your visa is issued, you will need to contact them and ask them to revoke it because you are unable to travel. A voluntary revocation is not a prejudicial thing. Naturally if your application was refused this step isn't needed.
- Make a fresh application with new bookings and other supporting documents. If your previous application was successful you do not have to submit biometrics again.