To match my degree name on O & A levels, I changed my passport name accordingly. So now my old and new passport have different names. On my old passport I have my US visa, which is still valid.

Can I still travel? How can I book my tickets? My tickets will have a different name from my new passport.

  • 5
    Bring your old passport with the visa. Also bring the legal documents that show your name change. Also bring your new passport, of course!
    – phoog
    Jul 12, 2016 at 6:15
  • @phoog 's comment is correct. See travel.stackexchange.com/q/20085/36405
    – Belle
    Jul 12, 2016 at 9:09

1 Answer 1


You can travel. Carry both passports, and a copy of the legal documents that show the name change. If the legal document isn't in English, you must have a copy translated by a sworn translator.

You can update your name on your visa with your new passport.

The official line is that it's recommended you get a new visa.

This FAQ on a pretty comprehensive Polish (it seems) web site explains it quite well.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .