I'm from Iran and am a student in Germany where I have a residency card. I want to go home and return but, rather than to Germany, direct to Sweden from Iran, to visit my friend.

It is possible or not?

  • 5
    To the close voters: This is not a question for Expats -- it is specifically a question about making a short visit to Sweden, the kind of travel that is on topic here. The fact that the asker happens to live in a country other than his nationality doesn't mean that he can't or shouldn't ask about his pleasure travel away from that place on this site. Jun 29 '16 at 19:08

It is perfectly possible. My friend from India entered Europe through Paris even though he was a student in Germany. As your visa is student national visa, it allows multiple entries into the Schengen area and you are perfectly fine. But it is always safe to have a ticket from Sweden to Germany if you have already booked it.

  • 1
    +1, but a residency card is implicitly multi-entry :)
    – Gayot Fow
    Jun 29 '16 at 16:41
  • Yeah you are right. Did not read it properly.
    – DarthVader
    Jun 29 '16 at 16:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.