I'm going to Switzerland (Geneva), also to Paris, and Amsterdam, there's some place where can I find a "Melty Cheese Wheel"?

enter image description here


Looks like that the real name for this dish is "Raclette"

  • 2
    I have voted to leave this question open as it is about a kind of food, not a specific restaurant. And in my view it is also not too broad as it is not a common food in all areas mentioned.
    – Willeke
    Jun 24, 2016 at 18:40
  • You want the cheese itself or a place to eat it ?
    – Max
    Jun 27, 2016 at 15:20

1 Answer 1


It sounds like you're looking for raclette:


The dish originates from the Swiss canton of Valais, not far from Geneva, which means the dish is quite common there. For the locals it's a winter dish, but there are quite a few (somewhat touristy) restaurants that serve it all year round, like this:


Plenty of raclette/fondue places in Paris as well, just Google for "raclette Paris".

  • 1
    "Savoyard" (even if its technically from Valais) is probably a good search term for Paris
    – CMaster
    Jun 24, 2016 at 21:08
  • 1
    I didn't knew that the name for this was "Raclette", very happy to know it know! Jun 27, 2016 at 15:11

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .