what is the best way to enter back to Canada from the USA when I do not want a stamp on my passport and I have an expired enhanced drivers licence?

i have over stayed my time in the USA and i am scared to get banned.

  • What is your nationality? What type of visa were you on in the U.S.? And is there any relation of your question to the Candian Rockies? – mts Jun 24 '16 at 12:45
  • 1
    @mts what do the Rockies have to do with anything? – phoog Jun 24 '16 at 12:50
  • 1
    @phoog canadian-rockies was the first and only tag before I edited so there is an off-chance it might be related to the Q. – mts Jun 24 '16 at 12:53
  • 2
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because we don't give advice on how to break the law or how to escape the consequences of breaking the law. – David Richerby Jun 24 '16 at 16:36
  • 1
    @mts the asker has an enhanced driver's license and we can deduce that he or she is not a US citizen, so the only other option is Canadian. – phoog Jun 25 '16 at 0:51

Pick any crossing. The US has no exit immigration control, so you will only go through Canadian entry Immigration control

Are you a Canadian permanent resident? If so just use your permanent resident Card.

If not, foreign passport are stamped. Just get a new one if this is an issue.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    I don't think that's the question. As I read it, OP's concern is that Canadian immigration will stamp their passport, and that on their next attempt to enter the US, US immigration will deduce from the dates that OP had overstayed. – Nate Eldredge Jun 24 '16 at 13:49
  • @NateEldredge Does Canada stamp Canadians' passports?! – Michael Hampton Jun 24 '16 at 19:01
  • @MichaelHampton: Good question. The US stamps US citizens' passports on entry, in at least some circumstances. – Nate Eldredge Jun 24 '16 at 20:13
  • @NateEldredge I don't think the US usually stamps US passports at the Canadian land border. I'll check mine later. – phoog Jun 25 '16 at 0:49
  • The US may stamp US passports depending on the officer. Especially at land borders, and at Airports when using APC kiosks, they increasingly don't, and even if you see them trying you can easily ask them not to – Crazydre Jun 25 '16 at 6:09

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.