Re-posting it again because it was marked as a duplicate even though it wasn't.

Just got a Russian Transit visa. The visa pages in my passport are numbered 7-33, with only page 7 having stamps in it.

I sent a yellow post-it note to the visa application centre asking that the visa be put on page 8 ("please put the visa on page 8"). Still, the consulate put it on page 22.

I know most countries put visas on the first empty page, but what about Russian embassies specifically? The reason why it annoys me is because I truly want my passport to be neat and orderly, to make it easier to find stuff. Although it's the first time so far, I'd still like to know for future applications.

Could it even have been that my post-it note had the opposite effect? Would be good to know so I don't make that mistake again.

  • 3
    If I was the embassy employee, I would put the visa with an angle! like really tilted, just to make things even better for you :D – Nean Der Thal Jun 24 '16 at 6:05
  • 1
    @HeidelBerGensis I LOL'd hard :D – Crazydre Jun 24 '16 at 6:42
  • 6
    Yeah, tilted across two pages ;) Just jokking, but fun aside, I don't see how your question is much different from this one. You have been around here long enough to know that the correct way to undo dupes is to edit and point out the differences to the supposed dupe and maybe make a case in meta or chat to help speed up. This is exactly what I want to see now, please edit your Q to point out why it is not a dupe. – mts Jun 24 '16 at 7:15
  • 2
    Deleting your closed-as-dupe question and posting it again is not how things should work here IMHO. Besides, keep asking great questions and come back to answer after your trip :) – mts Jun 24 '16 at 7:15
  • 2
    Please don't re-post. Edit the old one. – JoErNanO Jun 24 '16 at 8:56

It's not clear if they "tend to", but its clear that sometimes they will, as evidenced by your experience.

In general, immigration officals tend not to waste time doing more than finding the space they need before stamping/applying stickers etc.

Sometimes you can ask for a stamp or visa in a particular place, but a request is all that is.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.