Provided that my sponsor owns a house in the UK, are council tax and utility bills enough documents as proof that my sponsor can accommodate me?


1 Answer 1



GOV.UK provides guidance about documentation to support a visa application. Note in particular All documents must be originals and not photocopies and Section 4:
Section 4: documents you should not send unless specifically requested

This page provides guidance on the types of documents that are not required to consider your application.

• if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies of the same documents
• bank statements or letters issued more than 1 year before the date of application
• driving licence
• photographs (other than passport photographs required in section 1)
• notarial certificates
• business cards
• hotel bookings
• flight bookings
• photocopies of bank cards
• credit card statements
• certificates relating to leisure activities
• evidence of car ownership
• travel insurance
sponsor’s utility bills
sponsor’s council tax bills
• educational certificates (unless specifically listed in section 3)

I have emboldened the two you ask about.

Section 2: other documents you may want to provide – all visitors covers what may strengthen your case. This includes, from sponsors:

where a third party (who is either in the UK or who will be legally in the UK at the time of your visit) is providing financial support to you e.g. a business, a friend or a relative, documents to show they have sufficient resources to support you in addition to themselves and any dependant family should be provided

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .