I am student in Russia from Pakistan I am planning to go in Schengen states for tourism for 2 weeks on holidays. Can I apply for that tourist visa ?

  • 2
    Why wouldn't you be able to ? – blackbird Jun 7 '16 at 12:56
  • Are you a resident in Russia? Which embassy would you apply to? – JonathanReez Jun 7 '16 at 13:59

You can apply. The application will go to the embassy or consulate belonging to the main destination of your trip which is responsible for your place of residence. As a student in Russia, you are probably a resident of some town in Russia. If that is not the case, you are a resident some town in Pakistan.

Your application may be denied. The Schengen area tries to admit all genuine tourists and to exclude all illegal immigrants. Part of the decision is based on your ties to your home country and to your place of residence. As a resident in Russia, your ties to Pakistan are probably weak. As a citizen of Pakistan, your ties to Russia are probably weak.

Your application may be granted. If the rest of your application is strong, that can overcome weak ties to your place of residence.

  • Shouldn't being enrolled in a university be considered as having sufficient ties? It is probably not easy for a Pakistani to get enrolled to a Russian university. Thus, wouldn't emigrating without ever finishing that degree be considered highly unlikely? – user4551 Dec 7 '17 at 3:54
  • @user4551, we get plenty of questions like will I get a visa if ... or can I get a visa if ...? It would be wrong to give probabilities without knowing all the facts, and probably not even then. – o.m. Dec 7 '17 at 5:56

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.