I am from Germany and I would like to visit Canada for 3 weeks in August. Therefore I have to apply for an ETA.

One question asks "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?". I studied in Canada from September 2013 until December 2013 (4 months) but I did not apply for a study permit because it was not necessary as a student from Germany.

Do I have to answer this question with yes or no?

  • You should find your answer in the linked duplicate. If you still have questions after reading that, please respond to this comment (and/or edit your question to clarify).
    – phoog
    Commented Jun 6, 2016 at 19:25

1 Answer 1


If you answered Yes to this question, you'll need a Unique Client Identification, permit or visa number.

If you don't have such a number, answer 'No.'

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .