I am in Indonesia on a 60 days tourist visa-in-advance and want to extend it by 30 days in Maumere, Flores. In order to do this I will need a sponsor.
There are several questions and answers on this topic online, but many of them are several years old [2008, 2012, 2014, 2015 (but contains little relevant information)]. I would need some up-to-date information to decide whether I should do the extension in Maumere or fly to Bali to do it.
I would ask people who have done the extension in Maumere recently kindly to share their experiences. More specifically:
The main question(s):
- Which hotel or agency did you get your sponsor from?
- How much did they charge?
- Would you recommend them?
I would appreciate if you could also answer the following questions (for example, by incorporating the information in your answer):
- How long did the process take?
- Did you visit the embassy before contacting your sponsor or did your sponsor give you the relevant papers?
- What were the opening hours of the immigration office?
- Did they follow the Christian calendar, the Indonesian calendar or their own calendar (i.e. there was no way knowing when they are on holidays)?
I apologize asking several questions within one question, but to me these questions are related and too small to make a question for each of them. They work more as a guideline to direct your answer to a correct direction than a requirement for a good answer. If you do not know answer for some of those questions, please just ignore them. Since this particular immigration office does not have an internet site, I could not find the opening hour information anywhere. I hope the answers to this question will also help other travelers out there.