For a group of people driving to Amsterdam to stay for a few days with the following diversified agenda:
- Visiting tourist attractions
- Enjoying the summer weather
- Visiting bars and cafés during the day
- Night life:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Consumption of enjoyable substances other than alcohol
- Spurring some action in bars and clubs
how important is it that they find somewhere central to stay? Keep in mind that a car is in their hands (although it might be hard to drive when everybody is drunk during the night).
Exploring various places to stay with a price-limit in mind, I found two places for the same price:
First place: Extremely central, but the quality could be better. Furthermore, the car needs to be parked somewhere - finding a parking spot in central Amsterdam is probably not an easy task.
Second place: 10-15 km from the heart of Amsterdam, but it is extremely luxurious. The apartment also has parking spots.
Some points to consider:
- How hard is it to find a place to park the car in central Amsterdam?
- With the agenda of the group of people in mind, do they have to spend their time in the city's center or is there plenty to do across all of Amsterdam?
- How are taxis and public transport in Amsterdam?
There are probably important points that have slipped my mind.