I am an Indian national living in Beijing, China (work permit). I recently applied for internship visa (Schengen visa >90 days) in China and received a refusal letter stating "Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for could not be ascertained."
Application process for the visa itself was complicated as the visa center have not come across an immigrant with work visa applying for Schengen visa.
I have provided the following documents before:
- Invitation letter
- Experience certificate from my ex-employer
- NOC (no objection letter) from my ex-employer
- Fully paid to and fro flight tickets
- Accommodation details for my whole stay
- Medical insurance worth 40000 euros
- Bank statement to prove sufficient funds
- Education certificates
I am preparing my Remonstration letter (appeal letter) now to prove them that I'll be leaving the country within my visa dates and thinking of adding the following documents:
- Reason why I applied for visa in China being an Indian national (India has a 3 month home stay rule before applying for Schengen Visa as I've been working in China for the past 2 years)
- 2 year old police background verification certificate from the government of India
- Scanned pages of the list of visas I've been granted before and exit stamp proof from passport stating I've never over stayed
- Mention in the letter that I am a masters graduate from so&so university and always maintained good character. I'd never risk everything and overstay as I am aware it is punishable by law.
Please suggest me if I am thinking right or I'd require any additional document to prove my point.