I am a foreign student at Sweden. Indonesian passport holder. I have Swedish ID Card and also the residence permit. Right now, I am applying for UK Visa. I submitted my passport and my residence permit card to be sent to UK for this purpose just yesterday. The problem is, I am also planning to have a trip around the Schengen countries next week. I already booked tickets throughout my itinerary.

Is it possible for me to do this trip around Schengen countries without my passport?


Is there any way I could get some sort of letter from UK immigration office which tells that my passport is indeed currently hold by them? Can I use such letter as temporary replacement for my passport?

closed as off-topic by JoErNanO, CGCampbell, Gayot Fow, Willeke, JonathanReez Jun 3 '16 at 21:42

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • It should be back before then – Gayot Fow Jun 1 '16 at 17:30
  • I don't think you'll have problems if you have the residency card. – Ayesh K Jun 1 '16 at 17:53