My visa is in my old passport with my maiden name in it. I was issued a visa in 2014 and there was no BRP at this time yet so I don't have a BRP. I got married and have a new passport. I want to go to holiday outside UK. Shall I apply for a BRP? or can I just show my old passport and new passport? I have informed home office using the change of circumstance form (for visa).

1 Answer 1


Assuming your 2014 visa is still valid, bring the old passport containing that visa, the new passport, of course, and your marriage certificate (to document the change of name).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .