I have a 2 year UK visa, I stayed 6 months and 1 week I completely forget, will I have any problems when I come back in September?

Update: I tell you I have a visa two years but I stayed more than 6 months, 6 months and 17 days exactly, I am here with my fiancé I'm not working I would come back in September, have I a problem on my return?

  • 4
    I am not quite sure I can follow? Did you overstay your visa and want to come back?
    – Karlson
    Commented May 19, 2016 at 18:39
  • I still don't quite understand. You were admitted to the UK for six months? And you stayed longer than six months? If so, then yes, you will have a problem if you try to return. Commented May 19, 2016 at 20:48
  • I Stayed for 6 month and 17 days I would like to know if I would have problems when I come back in September or October
    – Batal
    Commented May 19, 2016 at 22:23
  • I have visas 2 years
    – Batal
    Commented May 19, 2016 at 22:24
  • 1
    @GayotFow: Understood. Deleted my comment
    – Berwyn
    Commented May 20, 2016 at 8:57

1 Answer 1


By staying a full six months you have established you have no strong ties back to your 'home' country.

By not working while in UK you have established you were unemployed, so a risk for looking for income (illegally) while in UK.

By overstaying you have established you cannot be relied upon to leave the country of your own accord when required to do so.

By being with your fiancé, who presumably has the right to reside in the UK as you have not mentioned he too overstayed, you have given reason why you may become an illegal immigrant if allowed to re-enter.

By staying a full six months and more in UK you have somewhat exhausted plausible reasons (such as tourism) for a return after a short interval.

It is very likely that the length of your stay will be noticed and that you have overstayed. It is very unlikely that you will be allowed back in before expiry of your current visa and not likely you will be granted a further visa after a short interval.

If you do attempt to return under your current visa you will probably be refused entry and make it even more difficult for you to obtain a further visa for UK, or elsewhere.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .