This question already has an answer here:

I will be travelling from The Netherlands to India soon and have a flight change in London. However I also need to change airports (From London City Airport to Heathrow Airport). I hold an Indian Passport. Will I need a transit Visa ?

marked as duplicate by Michael Hampton, CGCampbell, DJClayworth, Henning Makholm, mts May 15 '16 at 18:48

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.



You should apply for a Visitor in Transit visa if you arrive on a flight and will pass through immigration control before you leave the UK.


  • If the OP says he is traveling from the Netherlands, it is plausible that he has a residence permit there -- in which case he's eligible to Transit Without Visa in the UK. – Henning Makholm May 15 '16 at 18:21

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.